Tuesday 27 November 2012

what's the point though?

I'm sitting in my bed thinking 'what is life really about?' I know the question gets asked a lot but am i the only who thinks if i die today or tonight what's going to make my life count? What have i done to touch the world? What have i done to change a life? I was talking to someone yesterday and she was telling me how someone told her to change her friends because they are uneducated.... Is this how shallow human beings are? A degree is what qualifies us? I watched a video today of a man who has dedicated his life to feeding the hungry and homeless, isnt that amazing? Isn't that what life is about? I know most consider the finer things in life to be material things, living a certain standard of life but is that all there is though? I say the finer things in life consist of loving the supposedly unlovable and the supposedly undeserving, giving to the needy and homeless, being there for one another unconditionally, give your time, give your money, lend a shoulder... these are some of the satisfying things in life believe it or not. 

I choose to touch the world, one of my favourite poets says "I may not change the world, but i will touch it" so i, Chiedza Bvundura, say "I may not change the world, but i will touch it and i cannot fail at it other wise- what's the point?"

We're here only for a little while, make it count and make God your number one ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment